Ever since FIC-pink/rose has been announced by Priya, so many bloggers have posted recipes with beet as a main ingredient. I thought I should also join them :). Here is a mouthwatering recipe that I found in my latest recipe book with slight modifications of my own.
1 1/2 cooked beet (grated)1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar1 apple (I used gala)1 tbsp lemon juice2 large handfuls of mixed salad greens2 tbsp pecan halves (toasted)Dressing:2 tbsp non-fat yogurt2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise1 garlic clove (chopped)2 tsp fresh dill (chopped)salt and pepper as needed
- Put the beet in a non-metallic dish and sprinkle with vinegar. Cover with a plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Core and slice the apple. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Remove beet from the refrigerator and drizzle dressing over it. Add the apples and mix gently to coat with the dressing.
- To serve, arrange a handful of salad greens on each plate and top with a large spoonful of the apple and beet mixture.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts over the salad and serve immediately.
I would like to send this salad over to Priya's FIC-pink/rose (Food in Color) Event which was started by SunshineMom.